The Mods and the Streetstockers


Plans to make the trek to palmy for the Manawatu Superstock Champs went out the window so I turned my attention back to Waikaraka for the Modified Dirt Cup and Streetstock 290s. A sprinkling of Solos, Sidecars, Superstocks and good numbers of Modifieds, Streetstocks, Saloons and Ministocks making for some top racing. It was great to see the Streetstocks in large numbers and along with the rivalry from a number of visiting drivers, showing the attraction that this class has previously been at the park. Well done to De Malmanche 2nz, Gooch 3 nz and Churchwood 7b. In the Mods, the Naki boys were here to pinch Foxy's cup but he wasn't having a bar of it, but they certainly tried hard with Jacko and Bunter filling the other podium positions. I was also impressed again by they talent shown in the Minstocks, some impressive skills shown within a field of 30 odd cars. I didn't stay for the Derby as they just don't excite me but on the whole I was pretty satisfied as I left the park.






The Naki boys



The Marx Brothers all ready to rumble


Women drivers ????


A wise man once said


Got to put the spare wing somewhere - must be great thru the Awakino gordge.


Well presented Sidecar unit

No comments:

Post a Comment