Smeats On Tour part 2 – Oceanview @ Wanganui

With the buzz of the Manawatu Superstock Champs still on my mind, I packed up on Sunday morning and headed up the road to Wanganui to take in The Greenkeeper West Coast Stockcar Champs. The Sidecars were also competing for their West Coast Championship and Ministocks and Production Saloons filled out the programme.
This would be only my second visit to Oceanview in 20 odd years (the last being the Superstock Champs 3 or 4 years back) so I was looking forward to my first Sunday afternoon meeting since I was a kid living in Wanaganui. The weather was awesome and a small but reasonable crowd turned out to enjoy some great racing. As it is over a week past the event, I won’t bother going into any detail about the racing, as an excellent review was posted by Roger on the Oceanview website http://www.oceanviewspeedway.co.nz/. Essentially the Stockcar racing was an oversized Teams race between Wanganui and Palmerston North with a few Wellington cars and even one from Invercargill. There was also some talented driving in the Ministocks and I just love the Sidecars whenever I get to watch them and they didn’t dissapoint.
Well that’s enough waffle, enjoy the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment